This week has been filled with highs and lows in so many areas. Lets
start and hope it all makes sense to those outside my brain!
We have received our first ever "average" range in a speech assessment
from the youngest Elijah, this in itself is amazing, the speechie that did the
assessment I am pleased to report understood that I wanted to more than high 5
her, she understood my relief and my flood of emotions that poured out when I
saw her. Elijah at this time is oblivious to this piece of paper that I
simultaneously want to frame and hide away.
Our house this week has been filled with the plague or perhaps just a weird
gastro type bug, all but myself went down with this one (I did spend allot of
time hiding away and cleaning with antibacterial sprays!) this is amazing for
me, I am usually the first down and last up stupid lupus. The kids by
now have pretty much bounced back, shame I cant say the same for the poor
husband dozing on the couch.....
We have had the high of hearing that our oldest is on the school radar for
transitioning to a satellite class, which is huge news, I guess it is what we
have been hoping would happen for about a year now.
The low this week was hearing the afternoon following news of him being a
possible transfer is he had one of his worst school days for the
year..........well you win some you lose some?!?
Caiden is at a stage we feel he is the most settled and doing so well
academically that part of me wants to move him to a "big school" and
the other part of me wants to have a settled low working life style. It seems
like a good idea now to move him but it also is a terrible idea he is doing
great!
Lilliana this week had her interview at "THE SCHOOL" following
this interview and being able to view the school I am more convinced than ever
that it is "THE ONE!" and the one for all three kids. Lilliana did well,
she had a few moments, but for her I must say I felt she did spectacular, no
melt downs good verbalizing, a little shy at times but hey it was a man she had
not met, suddenly she was in a big loud school that has about 500 kids, she
really did fabulously. The school went beyond anything I had envisaged, the
layout was nothing I had ever seen or thought of, but it was amazing. The low
of it is the school has received more applications than it has positions
for....so we now wait initially for first round offers, then we hold on for the
second round. I am not good at waiting!
I have been privileged the last few weeks to try out a different position at
my work, to feel inspired again, to have found a new direction. Something I
feel challenged by in a good way, less frustration, allot more positive. At
this stage it really has been a breath of fresh air, when things go back to
where they were at the end of next week I will miss them, but at least I feel I
now know where to head....
This week has been filled with life good and bad
for my family, but the good has left my inspired and hanging for more, the bad
has reminded me of life.......nothing we cannot face just simply life and how
to be present
No comments:
Post a Comment